Looking for something quick & healthy for dinner tonight? Well my friends, you've come to the right place. And did I mention the time involved would be minimal? Add that one to the pro's. Summer is winding down, and the last thing you want to do is waste lots of your precious play-time slaving away in the kitchen. Am I right? Of course I'm right. So, don't let me take up any more of your time, either. Take 20 minutes to make this dinner, and enjoy the bounteous fruits of your SLIM efforts.
Spaghetti with Summer Squash
A Get in the Kitch Original
12 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small to medium zucchini squash, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 small to medium yellow summer squash, chopped into 1-inch pieces
6 oz. button mushrooms, brushed clean & quartered
Your favorite pasta sauce
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook spaghetti as directed until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, saute vegetables in olive oil in a deep skillet until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Drain pasta, then pour it into the skillet with the vegetables.
4. Add your favorite pasta sauce, and gently toss the pasta and veggies to coat them.
5. Dish up & top with grated Parmesan cheese.