Monday, January 17, 2011

Sweet Harvest Pork Chops

Autumn has come and gone (all too quickly, in my opinion - but that's the way Utah weather goes every year!), but I'm still making dinners that have the Fall flavor to them.  I actually made this one up.  Yep, an original from yours truly (one of the very few)!  I tried my hand at whipping something up in the slow cooker for a big contest...that I did not even come close to winning.  But when you taste this, I'm sure you'll be wondering why in the world not - just as I was.  I tease.  Sort of.  Anyway, I tried it out with a pot roast as well, but the chops were our fave.  And I learned, while in my very own test kitchen, that I highly favor white sweet potatoes over the regular orange-y sweet potatoes/yams that I see much more often.  Hands down, the white get my vote.
Anyway, don't wait until next Fall to make this one.  It's a delight all year-round.


Sweet Harvest Pork Chops
A Get in the Kitch Original



Ingredients
2 sweet apples, cored & sliced (I used gala and Fuji)
2 white sweet potatoes, cut into large cubes
4 pork chops, I used bone-in
1 14-oz can low-sodium chicken broth
2/3 c. apple cider
1/3 c. brown sugar

Directions
Combine all ingredients in the crock pot.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours.
Serve with a green salad.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails