Sunday, June 12, 2011

Turkey Meatballs

Dick & I have been married almost 5 years, and just recently made my first batch of meatballs.  And I mean very first, like never in all my life before this have I made meatballs.  It was so easy, and they were so good, that I'm sure this won't be my last time.  In fact, Miss Betty Crocker gives this bit of advice to make the whole process that much more simpl:  "To save time, instead of shaping mixture into balls, pat mixture into a 9 x 3-inch rectangle in ungreased rectangular pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inches.  Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares; separate slightly.  Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes.  You can also use an ice cream scoop to form meatballs."  Sadly I did neither of these things because I tend not to read directions fully until it's too late.  But next time, I'll be set.





Turkey Meatballs
From Betty Crocker's Cookbook: Bridal Edition


Ingredients
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 c.)
1 large egg


Directions

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients.  Shape mixture into twenty 1 1/2-inch meatballs.  Place in ungreased rectangular pan, 9 x 13 x 2 inches, or on a rack in broiler pan.
3. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink in center and juice is clear.

Serve with spaghetti, or as mini meatloaves.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers
and starting a new project in a community in the
same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on.

You have done a wonderful job!

My page - http://udelascienciasyelarte.ac.cr/index.php?option=com_blog&view=comments&pid=1713&Itemid=0

Anonymous said...

For newest informatіon you hаve tο ρaу а quick viѕіt woгlԁ ωiԁe web
аnd on wеb I found this web рagе as a best
ωeb pаgе foг lаtest updаtеs.


Ϻy web-site: Chemietoilette

Related Posts with Thumbnails