This is the easiest Sunday dinner you will ever make, and it tastes fantastic, so there's no need to feel guilty that you didn't slave the day away in the kitchen! All of these ingredients are things that you'll actually have in your pantry - I hate when you get a recipe that makes you think it'll be a cinch, but then you have to spend an hour at the grocery store looking for weird ingredients you've only heard of in Kitchen Stadium. Shepherd's Pie is a true classic comfort food, and definitely something that you can play around with - add some more veggies, or select your fave condensed soup for a different flavor. And in the spirit of Sandra Lee, go for simplicity! Semi-homemade is the way to go, for sure!
From my Momma: Janet Porter
1 can green beans, drained
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 lb. lean ground turkey, cooked
2 c. mashed potatoes (I used instant)
3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Seasonings of choice
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine green beans, ground turkey & tomato soup. Mix well.
2. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
3. Sprinkle cheese over bean-turkey mixture.
4. Spread mashed potatoes over top of the bean-turkey mixture.
5. Bake 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Soup will be bubbling up through the potatoes.
Serve & enjoy!