Monday, October 19, 2009

~Adam's Apple Mashed Potatoes~

So, I was looking at the "recipe of the day" that I was emailed from my favorite Food Network.com, and it looked too simple and delicious not to try. I've definitely never had apples in my mashed potatoes before, so this was a first. To tell you the truth, I've also never made my mashed potatoes from scratch before, so the whole thing was a first for me! hahaha embarrassing, but true. Dick was a little hesitant, about the whole thing...especially when I told him the recipe was from Guy Fieri (he comes across a little nutso on TV, don't you think?!), but he loved them, and so did I. We had them on the side of some chili-crusted salmon I found at on one of my fave cooking blogs: Gourmified, and we looooooved that, too! I highly recommend both recipes. The only thing I'd change about the potatoes is to add more garlic, or mince it up or something, because that flavor just wasn't strong enough for me. Here's to you, Guy - I'm now much more confident that there is method to your madness...but still a little nervous about your hair lol.
Adam's Apple Mashed Potatoes
From Guy Fieri of the Food Network







Ingredients
3 1/2 lbs baby yukon gold potatoes, halved
kosher salt
8-10 cloves garlic
black pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 c. half and half
3 Tbsp butter
2 Granny Smith apples, cored & diced
Directions
preheat oven to 350. put potatoes in large pot & cover 1 inch w/ cold water. bring water to boil over high heat, add salt, and cook about 20 minutes until tender.
meanwhile, create boat shape w/ tin foil & add garlic cloves. season w/ salt & pepper, drizzle w/ oil. seal foil & roast about 30 minutes until nicely caramelized. heat half & half in small saucepan over low heat until hot.
drain potatoes & put back into pot. heat from pot will continue to dry out potatoes. add half & half, butter, and roasted garlic & mash. fold in apples & season to taste.


1 comment:

Gourmified said...

O! You're so cute! I didn't realize you had tried my salmon recipe...our FAVORITE! Though, I have to admit, I LOVE Guy Fieri and his recipes. My hubby and I love to sit and watch Diners Drive-ins and Dives!

Related Posts with Thumbnails