Saturday, October 10, 2009

Soup's on! w/ cHiCkEn NoOdLe SoUp

I know, I know! This is like my 4th soup recipe in a row! But the weather is finally cooling down to that brisk Fall that I LOVE, and the leaves are changing, and it just feels like "soup weather," ya know?! Plus, they've all been crazy simple and fast, so they're nice to make after going to work. I'm not gonna lie though, I think Dick might be all souped out for the time being. He hasn't complained at all, he even requested the black bean soup again the other night, but I'm just sensing a vibe that's saying give me something solid! hahaha Anyway, I've made homemade chicken noodle soup before, and it has always always always been better than anything I've had out of a can - my days of canned chicken noodle are long gone! The one that set this one apart from the others is that it called for dill. LOVED IT! Once again, it was easy peasy and a big hit! We ate it for dinner while watching Biggest Loser this week, and it was very satisfying, but can I just say that if that Loony Toon Tracy doesn't get sent home next week I'm going to lose it! hahaha But seriously, if you like chicken, and you like noodles, this one is right up your alley.
Chicken Noodle Soup
From November 2009 Woman's Day Magazine



Ingredients
6 c. chicken broth
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (visible fat trimmed)
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped carrots
1 large parsnip, peeled & chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp pepper
2 c. uncooked medium noodles
1/4 c. snipped fresh dill
Directions
1. put broth, chicken, celery, onion, carrots, parsnip, garlic, bay leaf, and pepper in a large saucepan. cover and bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender.
2. discard bay leaf. remove chicken to a plate to cool slightly. add noodles to soup; cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until tender.
3. meanwhile, shred chicken with 2 forks. add to soup along with the dill.


1 comment:

Rachel Jenkins said...

The soup was awesome! Seriously I loved it! And our traditional grilled cheese was great too! Thanks for always feeding me! One of these days I am going to cook for you... or let's just be realistic, I am just going to buy you dinner! :) Thanks friend! Oh and BTW Tracy is CRAZY!! She needs to go home soon or else I am going to stop watching the Biggest Loser!

Related Posts with Thumbnails