Saturday, May 1, 2010

Simple Strawberry Sorbet

Ok, so I'd like to think that my cooking abilities have improved leaps & bounds from where I was when I first got married. Actually, that is indeed a fact. But when my blender starts to malfunction and smell like an overheating car, that's when I begin to wonder how far I've really come. This sorbet was seriously one of the easiest things I've ever made in my lifetime - I definitely could've done this even in my zero-cooking early college life. The problem is that I really just need a food processor because my Wal-Mart blender is getting tired of pretending to be one. The poor old girl just can't hack it anymore. I won't hold it against her - she's been a real trooper.
Aside from my appliance woes, this little treat was a big success. The best thing about this recipe, other than the simplicity of it, is that you can substitute any frozen fruit for the strawberries. I'm thinking mango next time, for sure! We're still holding out for some consistently warm weather in Utah, but this would be the perfect little dessert for a warm night on the porch.
Simple Strawberry Sorbet
From Prevention Magazine, April 2010

Ingredients
1 lb. frozen strawberries
1/2 c. plain yogurt (I used vanilla, and it was divine!)
1 c. sugar
Directions
Blend all ingredients in a food processor. If the strawberries have trouble blending, add a tsp. of cold water at a time until they blend well. Serve immediately, or reserve in freezer.


1 comment:

Rachel Jenkins said...

Even though the blender was burning up, this treat was quite tasty! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails