Netflix. I love love love Netflix! Not just because they deliver movies to my house, or because I can watch movies instantly online, no no. Right now I mostly love them because they are putting video stores all over out of business. Sounds terrible, and I realize it makes me seem like an absolute villain to be happy about something like that, but I'm getting loads of dvd's on the CHEAP and there is nothing bad about that! Except maybe for the fact that if I don't learn to control myself we could be movie-poor. At least when our cable gets turned off we'll still have our movies to keep us busy...I'm sure Dick will totally agree with me...maybe not.
Needless to say, we have a boatload of movie nights in our future, and this dip will definitely be showing its face for at least one or two of them. It's hot & spicy, cheesy and gooey, just the way I like it! Plus the warmth of it will make snuggling up on the couch even that much more enjoyable! TGIF, my friends! Any movie recommendations? - I'd love to hear your faves!
Kickin' Buffalo Chicken Dip
Adapted from David Garrard's Buffalo Chicken Dip
8 oz. low fat cream cheese at room temp.
2 c. cooked chicken, shredded
1/2 c. hot sauce
1/3-1/2 c. blue cheese crumbles
1/4 c. Tbsp. Ranch dressing
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 375.
1. Spread cream cheese in the bottom of an 8x8 oven safe pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix chicken and hot sauce until chicken is well-coated.
3. Spread chicken over cream cheese.
4. Drizzle Ranch dressing evenly over the chicken.
5. Evenly cover the dip with blue cheese crumbles and shredded mozzarella.
6. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly browned & bubbling.