Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The best part of waking up is...Oatmeal Breakfast Bread! {TWD}

Its time again for my post with the cooking club Tuesdays With Dorie, but I'm kinda breaking the rules a bit, so I hope you can keep a secret.  I was out of town with my Momma last week and missed this recipe that I'd really been looking forward to, so I'm making it this week (and that's where the rule-breaking comes in).  I'm out of order, but you're gonna be thankful for my rebellious ways the instant you taste this bread!  The thing that really got me swooning and wanting to try the recipe is in the book when Dorie describes the bread as "pudding-soft."  How could I resist?  Clearly, I could not.  I changed things up as follows with scrumptious results:  skim milk instead of buttermilk; 1/2 c. wheat flour & 3/4 c. all purpose flour; Craisins for the dried fruit; and no cloves. 
I can't wait to go to sleep tonight so I can wake up and have it for breakfast!  Don't worry about the fact that I just got done having a slice for dessert.


Oatmeal Breakfast Bread
From Baking: From My Home to Yours, by Dorie Greenspan
Click HERE to find the complete recipe at Oven Love





1 comment:

Rachel Jenkins said...

You've made some tasty looking treats lately! I am pretty much drooling right now cause they look so good! I will for sure have to try these out myself! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails