Hello, strangers! Did you think I fell off the face of the blogging earth? I did for a minute. My camera was having technical difficulties, went out of town a couple days - oh yeah, and did I mention I got a little lazy? OK, maybe not lazy (because I've been doing lots of other stuff!), but definitely distracted. Don't think for a second that the distractions kept me from cooking, though. Don't believe me? Here's the first of my evidence: Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes.
You'll never believe where I got this recipe. I think it'd be safe to say that few, if any, of you have ever cooked a recipe from this same place. Any guesses? Nope. You're right, I don't know what you said, but I bet it wasn't this: a Tupperware catalog! My very lovely, and very hip grandmother (Shirl) sells the wonderful stuff, and I was just flipping through one of her magazines one day awhile ago, and I saw this. Mouth started watering, yada yada yada, and now here are the pics from our "breakfast for dinner" that took place just last week.
They're very healthful, and very delicious! I guess I have a lot of repenting to do after that ice cream cake, huh?! Count this recipe as my first Hail Mary.
Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
From a Tupperware Catalog
1 1/2 c. wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 c. quick oats
1 3/4 c. buttermilk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
2/3 c. sliced almonds or walnuts
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and oats.
2. Mix in eggs, buttermilk, & vanilla until incorporated.
3. Fold in blueberries & almonds.
4. Pour 1/3 c. amounts onto hot, greased skillet and cook until the batter begins to bubble and bottom side is golden brown. Then flip and cook about 2 more minutes, or until golden brown on other side.
5. Serve with your favorite pancake toppings.