2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
3 eggs (well beaten)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups cooking oil
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups flour
3 cups pears (peeled & sliced very thin)
1 tsp baking soda
1. Blend sugar, eggs, and cooking oil together.
2. Sift flour, soda, salt together.
3. Gradually add one cup at a time to sugar mixture.
4. Then add the vanilla and cinnamon and pears. Mix well and pour into a well greased and floured tube
or bundt pan.
5. Bake at 350' for approximately one hour.
***The softer the pears the more moist the cake will be.
Melt and mix together:
1/2 square butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp soda
Mix and boil for 2 minutes.
Let cool a bit then drizzle over cake.