Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Blondies

So, there were a couple of reasons for me being M.I.A. on the blogging scene, one of which being our trip to North Carolina that I posted about last time.  The other reason is that I got a new job!!!  The transition from one job to the other has kept me really busy - starting with the interview for the new gig, finding out that I actually got it, and then training my replacement for the old one.  My last day was just this past Friday, and it took a lot of organizing and teaching to pass the torch to the new me.  I really wanted to show her everything because I wanted to leave the people I've been working with in good hands.  I know they are - just wanted to do everything I could to make sure, ya know?!  Also note, I may have been working with them on improving their health for the last year and a half, but I wanted to go out with a bang, so I took them a treat on my last day.  These pumpkin blondies were a hit!  Not so healthy, but definitely festive and delicious.  They loved them, and I know you will, too.





Pumpkin Blondies
Adapted from My Baking Addiction



Ingredients
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/3 c. all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
15 oz. canned pumpkin puree
12 oz. chocolate chips (mix of white & bittersweet)
3/4 c. chopped pecans, optional


Directions
1. Line a 9x13 inch pan with tin foil & spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients.
3. Cream butter & sugars until smooth.
4. Beat in egg & vanilla.  Then beat in pumpkin.
5. Mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Pour evenly into prepared pan & bake for 35-40 minutes.
8. Let cool completely in pan.  Remove from pan by grabbing the edges of the foil and set on counter or flat surface to cut squares.

***I covered them and let them settle over night because I wanted them to be more chewy than cakey (they were cakey right out of the oven).  They were perfectly chewy the next morning!!!

1 comment:

Gourmified said...

Even though I'm not a pumpkin fan, these do sound yummy! I have an event on Thursday and am trying to find ideas for what to make...maybe these will be it!?!

Congrats on the new job! I wish I had some great reason why I'm slacking on my blogging, but I don't. Just an overall slacker.

Related Posts with Thumbnails