Thursday, August 20, 2009

blueberry maple oatmeal muffins w/ pecan streussel

Top of the muffin to ya! All the Seinfeld fans know that I'm not just being whitty when I say that, but quoting the wonderful Elaine Bennice. Pretty sure Elaine wouldn't have tried to give the bottoms of these muffins to the homeless - she would have eaten them right along with their tops! When I saw this recipe I thought they sounded good. Good enough to wake up earlier than normal and make them before I went to work yesterday (only food could get me out of bed before I absolutely HAD to)! This recipe is killer and I'm pretty sure I'll be making it for many breakfasts in the future.




Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Muffins w/ Pecan Streussel
From the Closet Cook

Ingredients

-batter-
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. maple syrup
3/4 c. vanilla yogurt
1 over ripe banana
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 egg
1 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen)

-streussel-
1/4 c. pecans
1/4 c. all purpose flour
pinch cinnamon
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, melted

Directions
1. Mix brown sugar, syrup, yogurt, banana, butter, egg, & rolled oats in a bowl & let sit 10 minutes.
2. Mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon & salt in a bowl.
3. Mix wet & dry ingredients along w/ berries until just mixed.
4. Spoon mixture into greased muffin pan.
5. Mix pecans, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, & butter until crumbs are formed.
6. Spoon streussel onto muffins.
7. Bake @ 375 degrees ~ 20 minutes.
*I'm definitely going to double the streussel next time I make these, just fyi*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails