Monday, August 3, 2009

~cherry clafoutis~

I was looking for a fresh cherry recipe last week, and I thought I'd probably end up making a pie, but then I found this -which I don't even know how to pronounce! It looked good and different, so I tried it, I'm mighty glad I did. Rich had a life-ruining experience with a bad batch of German pancakes right after we got married, so anything with that spongy egg-y texture he's not really wild about, but the myself and the others who tried it enjoyed it MUCHO! I actually had it for breakfast the next two days since Egg Man didn't eat any...thanks, babe! The almond was my favorite part, other than the cherries, of course!

Cherry Clafoutis
by Anne Burrell on the Food Network Channel
Ingredients
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 lb. fresh cherries, pitted & halved
1/2 c. sliced almonds, toasted
1/2 c. sugar
pinch salt
4 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lemon, zested
powdered sugar to dust
Directions
generously butter & flour 7x5 baking dish, or 6 individual wide, flat gratin dishes. add cherries, in an even layer to dish. in food processor, add almonds, sugar, flour, and salt & pulse until coarsely chopped. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla & zest until homogeneous. Add in melted butter & flour mixture & whisk until smooth. Pour over cherries. Bake 35-40 minutes @ 325 degrees, until center is set & top is golden brown.
Dust with powdered sugar & serve with ice cream.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails