Monday, November 16, 2009

~Chicken & Green Chile Slow Cooker Chili~

Are you looking for something warm, hearty, and easy that is perfect for a cold winter's day? Well then my friends, you have come to the right place! This is one of the very first recipes I tried when I was very first branching out and trying new things - which involved a lot of slow cooker recipes - and it has stuck around for good. I loooooove using my slow cooker, and with this recipe, I also get to use a little bit of my food storage, which might sound lame, but it excites me. The recipe for this one came from my very favorite Prudence Pennywise, of course! Her blog is seriously what inspired me to try cooking new things that I couldn't ask my mom about, because she'd never tried them before - and that was a bit scary and a lot awesome! Anyway, I this chili does have a bit of a kick to it, so if you're not big on the spicy I'd recommend to use very little cumin. Or if you like the spicy, just cool it down a tad with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
Chicken & Green Chile Slow Cooker Chili
From Prudence Pennywise




Ingredients
1 1/2 c. dried pinto beans
4 c. chicken or vegetable broth
2 Tbsp flour
1 c. chopped green chiles, or one 7 oz can
1 c. green salsa, or green enchilada sauce
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 - 1 tsp. dried cumin
3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken
Directions
coat the inside of crock pot w/ non-stick spray. combine beans, broth, flour, chiles, salsa, onion & cumin. place chicken on top. cook on high 4-6 hours, or low 8-10 hours. remove lid & shred chicken w/ two forks, then serve.

Coming up:
Cran-Apple Crisps & Tuscan Bean Soup

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails