Monday, November 9, 2009

SaLmOn BuRgErS & SWEET pOtAtOe FrIeS

I saw this salmon burger recipe on Ezra Pound Cake blog awhile ago, and finally tried it! I seriously went all out on this one, too, because I even made the buns and fries to go along with them! The buns came from Prudence Pennywise (my cooking hero)! I'd never cooked with capers before - ok, I didn't even know what capers were until I grabbed them off the shelf for this recipe - and they were delightful. I have to admit, though, that I halved the burger recipe for Dick & I, and I definitely should have quartered it because these patties were truly ginormous!!! So, keep that one in your back pocket for future reference. And, may I say that these buns were my favorite ever?! I usually have pretty crappy luck with anything involving yeast, but these turned out with perfection! I was worried about them all day, but turns out I really didn't need to be haha. And, just a warning, if you love sweet potatoes then you are going to devour these fries in no time flat!
Sweet Potato Fries
From the Food Network Magazine, October 2009

Ingredients
2 lbs sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder
pinch of cayenne
Directions
Toss potato wedges in olive oil and spices until well-coated. Roast cut-side down on a baking sheet in 425 degree oven until crisp, about 30 minutes, turning once.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails