Friday, July 24, 2009

>Chili's GUILTLESS black bean burgers<

I don't eat beef. It hasn't always been that way - probably just less than a year or so. My reasoning isn't anything BIG or controversial ... I just don't. And I don't care if anyone else does (pretty sure cows are hear to be/make food for us). blah, blah, blah ANYWAY, I do like burgers! We usually make them out of ground turkey, but I like trying new things so tonight we had black bean burgers. Rich got one at Chili's ages ago, which I tasted & *LOVED*! So, I googled the recipe and ... ta-dah! They were very mighty tasty, but I do recommend cooking them longer than the recipe says to (calls for 2 minutes each side, we liked ~5 better). The flavor is awesome & its a good, healthy alternative to a hamburger!


Rich is usually pretty creative with his toppings :)



Chili's Guiltless Black Bean Burgers

Ingredients

1 1/2 cans black beans, rinsed & drained
2 Tbsp. white onion, chopped
1/4 c. diced red bell pepper
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
~1/2 egg, beaten
~1/2 c. bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Directions

1. Mix one egg in a bowl. Use half for step 2.
2. Combine black beans, onion, pepper, cayenne, egg, bread crumbs, & cilantro in food processor & blend. If the mixture is not dry enough to shape patties, add more crumbs.
3. Form and shape into patties (4). For best results make 24 hours ahead & refrigerate so patties will set well.
4. Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Fry 2-5 minutes each side.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails