Wednesday, December 30, 2009

OrEo tRuFfLeS 4 nEw YeArS...so easy a husband can do it!

Dick made a delicious discovery at his work Christmas party this year: Oreo Truffles. He loved them so much he brought one home for me to try - I got myself a real keeper! He even loved them enough to make them for his whole family last time we went down for a visit, and then again for our Ugly Sweater Party. I just had to document it, because rare are the occasions when he 1-volunteers to make food, and 2-actually follows through by making it hahaha! Unless it's frozen burritos or a pizza (sorry babe, you know its true). Both times they were a huge hit! Some of our friends made us laugh when they called the truffles "Make-Outs." We were all confused, but then they explained by telling us that hugs and kisses are great, but what's even better than that? Making out! hahaha so there you go, Make-Out Truffles. They are super easy, and fabulously rich and delicious. Dick made the comment that you can really only eat about 3, but I'm pretty sure I had closer to 12! haha just kidding...kinda. They would be the perfect quick-fix to take to a party for New Year's. And a great way to go out with a bang before the new diet starts! tee hee.
Oreo Truffles
From Katie Russell

They might not look very pretty, but they are sure delicious!!!!


Ingredients
one 8 oz. brick of cream cheese, at room temp.
1 pkg. oreos, crushed
12 oz. white chocolate, melted
Directions
1. mix the cream cheese and oreo crumbs together - Dick used his hands, which is a lot easier.
2. form the "dough" into balls w/ about 2 Tbsp. for each ball.
3. dip the balls in the white chocolate and set on a tray lined with parchment paper.
4. Cool in fridge or freezer until ready to serve.






1 comment:

Rachel Jenkins said...

OMG! Richard! I'm so proud! I'm very surprised that this post is the first time I've heard about these delicious treats! I want some Make Out's! lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails