Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie: Low & Lush Chocolate Cheesecake

The timing for this recipe was perfect! I knew we'd be visiting my in-laws for Dick's little bro Austin's missionary farewell (he's going on a 2-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), and that there would be lots of people coming to visit, so this could be just one of the goodies for them to munch on as they visited. The only problem is that this elephant has a knack for forgetting. I planned ahead, taking my ingredients with me, and I made the cheesecake the night before so that I wouldn't be in a rush and not let it chill for the needed amount of time (which I have been known to do on many an occasion. There wasn't enough room in the kitchen fridge, so I took it to the one in the garage. I think that was my problem - out of sight, out of mind. So, we went to church to listen to Austin give his awesome farewell talk, and to enjoy the incredible vocal stylings of him, Dick, and two friends. We came home, got things ready, and just relaxed...while the cheesecake continued to chill in the fridge in the garage. We sat around and visited for a long time, and even ate dinner. Dick and I packed up our things to go, and that's when it hit me. By this time, everyone was stuffed from dinner and snacking, so I cut one small piece, took a couple of bites - which I loved! - took some pictures, and then we headed home. I didn't know I could be so sad about a stupid cheesecake! I just looked forward to it for so long, and nobody even got to enjoy it. Well, maybe now they have. I left it with my in-laws, who I hope devoured every last crumb. If that's what I get for being "on the ball," I think I'll stick to my usual chaos from now on hahaha!




click HERE for recipe!







1 comment:

Gourmified said...

Your cheesecake looks delish! oops...there's the buzzer on mine...yup. Procrastinating once again! Hope the freezer helps speed up the cooling process for me today! Yikes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails