Tuesday, December 8, 2009

tUeSdAyS w/ DoRiE: sAbLeS...sort of...

Ok, so this is my second official Tuesdays With Dorie (TWD) post, and I have to say that I looooove being in this awesome little cooking/blogging club! That being said, I'm pretty sure this will be my first and last time I'll ever bake Sables. They turned out alright, but definitely not as beautiful as Dorie's, or Barbara's from Bungalow Barbara (where you can find this recipe). So I was a tad disappointed. But don't think for a minute that's going to stop me from putting these on my Christmas goodie plates to friends, though hahaha! I'm also pairing them up with some Cocoa-Nana Bread from Dorie, which I will post tomorrow, which will totally make up for the ragamuffin appearance of these shortbread cookies...I hope!
p.s. Hope you like the Christmas music - I'm so sick of hearing the same old boring songs on the radio that I had to make my own playlist :)


Sables






Coming up:
Cocoa-Nana Bread & No-egg "Nog"

1 comment:

Gourmified said...

At least they look festive and I'm sure they tasted good, too! Great effort, though I have the same thought..don't think I'll make them again unless I can do some fun twists on the classic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails