Friday, December 4, 2009

Holly Jolly Pumpkin Bread w/ pecans, cranberries & white chocolate...HEAVEN

Well, my foodie friends, 'tis the season...finally! I have to say that although I've lived in the state with the "greatest snow on earth" my entire life, I've never been a fan of it outside of the week before Christmas until New Year's Day. But I have always and will always be a fan of the Christmas season! That being said, I have to post one last pumpkin recipe, and then I'll get going on my Christmas treats. But to be 500% honest with you, I'll definitely be making this all throug December to give as holiday goodies to friends & neighbors, cuz they're gonna LOOOOOVE it, just like you are! It's so good, in fact, that the loaf I gave to my Mom & sisters was half eaten before they even got home - that means they were breaking off pieces and eating with their hands in the car because they just couldn't wait until they got home to use a knife and plates. hahaha TRUE STORY!
Pumpkin Bread w/ Pecans, Cranberries & White Chocolate



Ingredients

1 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. oil
1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
1 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. pecans, chopped & toasted
Directions
Mix flours, baking soda, salt & spices in a bowl.
Mix the pumpkin puree, sugars, eggs, oil & yogurt in another bowl.
Combine the wet & dry ingredients.
Stir in the chocolate chips, cranberries & pecans.
Pour the batter into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. (I used two 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 pans)
Bake in a 350 degree oven until toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails